Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rain Rain Go away

No rain early in the day but fear of such was always with us. No lift and none expected caused a few fledglings to launch for the piano LZ for sledders around 10:30 a.m.
I joined them and had a nice little ride.
When we got back to launch the word was go go go a few were above launch maybe 30 wings in the sky.

I launched as soon as I could and was just about the last to get any lift at all then and within 20 minutes there were no wings in the sky. - I did have a near miss just off launch - best guess is that I was watching a near wing as was my fellow near miss pilot. We didn't see each other until it was close - but a quick yell and turn and no worries. - Only we were close to launch and became a topic for general conversation.
Ride back to town was fine and lunch was wonderful.
Big Air tomorrow - Raining tonight.

David

No comments: